How to prepare puttu without putt maker

The easiest breakfast I could ever make is Puttu and Pazham. Its is difficult to get puttu maker (puttukutti) every where I go, so I was in a search of how to prepare putt without a puttu maker.

Now I got a way to make puttu without puttumaker. I use a Pressure cooker and a piece of coconut shell (chiratta) to make puttu. you will never get such an Eco friendly  utensil than a chiratta for food preparation.

1. First you should select a big coconut shell, we need only the part with eye on it (kannan chiratta). Make sure that the flimsy eye of the shell is at the center and break that eye.

2. Make the shell clean

3. Put some grated coconut in the chiratta and then puttu podi and then cover the same with grated coconut again

4. Take some water in the pressure cooker and boil it, Don't put the nozzle.

5. Sim the flame when it is boiled now steam will be coming through the cooker stub.

6. Fit the chiratta on the cooker by putting the cooker stub through the broken eye of the chiratta.

7. Wait for 4 minutes your putt will be ready. Have it with kadala curry or pazham as my favorite.

thanks Muhammed Ali Mangalad for the Photo