How To Create and Remember Strong Passwords


There are some simple rules about strong passwords. Let us just review them,

1. Password should be long
2. Password should contain lower and upper letters, numbers and special characters.
3. You should not use same password for all accounts
4.  Password should not be your name
5. Password should not contain username
6. Password should not be your phone number or any number related to you
7. Password should not be name of your friends, spouse, parents of any one related to you
8. You should change your password at least in every 6 months
9. You should not write your passwords down in a paper and keep it
10. Password should not be simple key combinations on the keyboard like asdfgh
11. Password should not be common words like password, welcome, etc
12. It should not be any of the above in reverse as well.

So, the question is..

If I create such complex and strong passwords for my accounts, how do I remember them?
If you are going to use only your personal machine, you can install a password manager to remember your password. Then its the password manager not you remembering your passwords and if you want to log in to any of your account out side your computer, you are stuck. So you should go for an alternative method

There is a method that people use, 
That is,
Prepare different  password with all combinations and strengthening method for different accounts and apend them with a common combination. Write and keep the the first part and remember the second common part.
But i don't recommend this method since you have a record with your passwords and if your second part get exposed then everything is gone

Here is a better method to create and remember strong complicated passwords.

Here we are making a manual encryption method to secure your passwords.

I will show you how to make an encryption method with the following example

First, I will create a chart like this:

This just an example chart you have to make your own. First column has number 1 to 26, second column has letters a-z, third column has a-z shuffled (just shuffle, no logic in it) and fourth column has special characters shuffled (here also just write characters you like).

Now create a plan for encrypting
 In this example I would create a plane like this, first letter will be a lower case letter, second a number, third an upper case letter, forth a lowercase letter, fifth a special character and rest will be lower case letters.

Now I will create a may basic password for facebook as,
j1Fo@eer
Did you understand what did I do?
 I have just encrypted facebook using my plan
j for f   -lower case as it is the first one
1 for a -number as it is the second one
F for c - upper case as it is the third one
o for e - lower case as it is the forth one
@ for b - special character as it is the fifth one
e for o - lower case beyond five
r for k  - lower case beyond five

Now I will put some salt in it. I will put same salt in all of my passwords.
I am going to put a #3 in the beginning and a F1 at the end of all my passwords, now the I have my  facebook password as,
"#3j1Fo@eerF1" without quotes. Is not it complex? yes it is complex and strong

Do I have to write it any where? No just have to keep the chart and remember my policy of encryption. And the salt also. It is actually simple as see the complexity of the password.

You can even tell your password to your friends, They will not remember it for sure. To change your password, you can just change the salt for in six months and you can renew your chart once in five years.

Enjoy the strongest passwords in the world.